Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Texas Snow Day

Is there anyone in America not enjoying a snow day today?! 

We're on Day #2 of no classes for Josh and it's been wonderful.

What's a person to do in Dallas on a snow day, you ask?  After all, there's not quite enough snow to build a snowman:



Since the electricity was off and on this morning I crawled back into bed when Knox took his first nap.  That was heavenly.  Then I gazed longingly at everyone's deep snow pictures on Facebook (love them!), cleaned the entire apartment, made up a new verse to "She'll be Coming Round the Mountain" for Knox, and drank a whole pot of tea.








I know you are just dying to know the new verse to "She'll be Coming Round the Mountain," so here it is:

She'll be driving me bananas when she comes!
(ye-haw!)
She'll be driving me bananas when she comes!
(ye-haw!)
She'll be driving me bananas, she'll be driving me bananas, 
She'll be driving me bananas when she comes!
(ye-haw!)

Josh heard me singing it and asked who the song was about.   

The lady who drives the six white horses!  Who else?!


While I was busy Facebooking, cleaning, song-writing and drinking tea, Josh was intent on winning Superhero Husband of the Year Award. 

He cleaned all of my hair out of the bottom of the vacuum cleaner (no more burnt hair smell when we vacuum!) and out of the bathtub drain (no more ankle-deep murky water when we take a shower!).  A-ma-zing man.

I would post a picture but I want you to come back to my blog. :)  Let's just say all those magazine articles aren't lying when they warn you that you'll lose a lot of hair after you have a baby!

Josh can't believe I have any left.


Knox has had a productive day, as well.  He spent some time daydreaming about that time when he made a snow angel:


And wishing he could help his Papa plow some of that snow they're getting in Vermont today.


Since he couldn't do that he played with toys wearing his hot chocolate snow day outfit from Nana.


And perfected a new game called "pull-your-socks-off-faster-than-mommy-can-put-them-back-on."  Yep, that's a sock in his mouth.  Poor cold little toes!



Josh did have to go into work this afternoon, but when he gets back we've already decided it's going to be nothing but Wheel of Fortune on the Wii for the rest of the day.

Happy Snow Day, America!




4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great snow day!
    We played Tetris on the Wii, made chocolate chip cookies, and cleaned the kitchen. Dave studied Chinese, and I looked at all of our beautiful ultrasound pictures :)
    We want to visit you guys some time soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the "hot stuff" shirt. I'll have to show Charity the pic tomorrow and see what she thinks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. no snow here in nc. the high was around 70 yesterday - crazy!! today we're back to more seasonable chilly weather, and i'm left dreaming of spring...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drat I will never get a snow day!!! Just not right.

    ReplyDelete