Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Boat

I'd like to introduce you to a very very special friend of mine.  

Meet...

The Boat:


My parents bought this beauty right after they were married.  I don't think when they towed it home they had any idea that 38 years later they would be taking her out for a ride with their two grandsons!  My dad has done an amazing job at keeping her going.

My parents have had different cars through the years, even different houses.  

But only one trusty boat.  

We love this old bird. 

Some of my favorite childhood memories are of lazy days on the lake...swimming, tubing, waterskiing, falling asleep on the shore...

I remember spending the night on the boat, anchored in the middle of the lake.  I remember earning my very own "cool" life jacket when I finally mastered waterskiing.  I remember taking her camping with us.  I remember spending many of my birthdays with her.

And I remember the dreadful day our boat died in the middle of the lake.  My dad swears he would have pulled the plug and sunk her that day if he hadn't had me and Courtney with him; he had to sit on the front and paddle her all the way back across the lake to the boat launch.  Not so fun for him but Courtney and I thought it was a great adventure.  :)

We have so so SO many fun memories involving the boat.

So this summer, with everyone home in Vermont, Courtney and I were very excited to introduce our boys to the boat.  

They must felt pretty comfortable with her, because as soon as my dad started up the motor they fell right asleep. :)

Knox, 11 months old

Max, 2 weeks old

Knox woke up after a little while, though, and he loved the boat.






Getting sleepy again. :)

















I'm so thankful we all got to have another beautiful day together creating more fun memories on the lake with the boat.♥


 And I'm looking forward to many more! :)

2 comments:

  1. looks like a great day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to kiss those little boy cheeks! what sweet memories and just look at your adorable dad w/his 2 grandsons. LOVE it, Leah! Love you
    <3

    ReplyDelete