Thursday, July 14, 2011

Not All Cows Are Created Equal

One of Uncle Malcolm's Jersey Cows


If there's one thing a Vermont girl knows it's that not all cows are created equal.

Jersey cows, for example (the brown ones) are the best. 

This is what my Uncle Malcolm says, anyway, and I take his word as law when it comes to cows. 

You should, too.

Holsteins (the black and white ones) might give you more milk, but everyone knows that the quality of a Holstein's milk is far inferior to that of a Jersey cow. 

A Holstein will give you lots of skim milk but a Jersey will give you pure cream

I am very loyal to Jersey cows, as you can tell, but this summer I did discover one Holstein that could give a Jersey a run for its money.


VS.


That's right, Holstein vs. Jersey and it was a close call!








Have you ever heard of Cornhole

I hadn't, until our July 4th picnic when my uncle, aunt and cousins brought this game over for us to play.  I LOVE Cornhole.  It's my new favorite game.  And as soon as I move to a place where I actually have my own yard I'm going to hire my cousin Maria's fiancee Matt to make us one of these sets, and my cousin Lauren to paint it for us.  Didn't they do an amazing job with that one?!




The object is, of course, to get as many bean bags in the hole as possible.  You also get points for landing on the board, which is harder than it looks.  The first team to 21 wins, but you have to be careful because if you go over 21 you LOSE.

Jerseys rule, Holsteins drool!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun night! I love cornhole, although my husband beats me every time (even if I get to start with points :))!

    ReplyDelete