Friday, September 2, 2011

Memaw's Pumpkin Muffins


Three years ago I went to my very first seminary wives' Bible study group.  "SWING groups" we call them... Seminary Wives in Nurturing Groups.

Our husbands meet a lot of people in class, but we student wives have to work a little harder at meeting people here sometimes.  SWING groups give us a fun and meaningful way to make friends, and connect, and grow together.

As I was preparing this past week for my new small group, I kept thinking back to my very first SWING experience...and all the wonderful friends I made...and all the things we learned together. 

And I also kept thinking about Memaw's delicious pumpkin muffins.  :)

Because at that first SWING meeting during my first semester in Dallas, a dear friend named Chelsey welcomed us all into her apartment with a warm batch of her Memaw's pumpkin muffins. 

They were delicious. 

(I've had the pleasure of meeting Memaw, by the way.  Not only does she make amazing muffins...she is precious!)

This morning I got to celebrate, with a very special group of women, the start of a new small group and a new semester and new friends.   

And we did so, appropriately, with Memaw's Pumpkin Muffins. ♥














Memaw's Pumpkin Muffins

Combine dry ingredients:
3 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup flax seed
3 cups sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ginger

Add remaining ingredients:
2/3 cup water
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1 can or 2 cups pumpkin

Mix until well combined.  Pour into greased muffin tins and bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or till toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.


2 comments:

  1. I still say the ones in the special muffin pan tasted better than the regular ones. I did a taste comparison at the meeting just for information sake...

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is the cutest fall muffin tray leah! where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete