Sunday, March 27, 2011

No-Oil Greek Salad Wraps


Vacation (and all the amazing bad-for-us food we ate on vacation) is behind us.  Josh and I are back on our mission to eat more fruits and vegetables.

These wraps are our new favorite lunch or fast dinner item. (Along with those green super smoothies, which we're still making all the time!)

At first I didn't know if the wraps were worthy of a blog post because there's really not much of a "recipe" here.  But we keep craving these wraps.  Every time we eat them we lean back in our chairs and groan, "Oooohh my gosh.  These are sooo goooood!"

I think that makes them blog worthy.  :)

So I decided I better share them with you all.

The wraps couldn't be simpler to make...just chop up some veggies, open a container of hummus and a package of tortillas, and you've got it.  The flavor comes mostly from the fresh garlic and a few splashes of red wine vinegar.  I'm actually not a big vinegar fan at all but a little bit in here makes it just right.

 
 


  
No-Oil Greek Salad Wraps

2 tomatoes, chopped
1 cucumber, chopped
1/4 large onion, chopped
1 handful of fresh spinach, chopped
1-4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
1/8 cup black olives, chopped (optional)
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
Several splashes of red wine vinegar
Salt, to taste

Whole wheat tortillas
Hummus

Makes 4 wraps 

China left Josh and me with a large tolerance (and adoration) for fresh garlic.  Some may want to tone the garlic down a little bit, but I think it's the garlic that makes these wraps so addicting.  So don't leave it out altogether!  

Enjoy!  :)
 

2 comments:

  1. This looks good! I will have to try it for lunch this week. I have become a total hummus addict. Have you tried the super spicy hummus? It's kind of hard to find, but it's that same brand. It is SOO good!
    I loved the posts when you guys had your mystery ingredient cook off. When are you going to do that again? :D
    ~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks so yummy! wish I wouldve read this before I grocery shopped yesterday! :)

    ReplyDelete