Sunday, August 21, 2011

Chickpea Salad with Lemon, Parmesan & Fresh Herbs


I just found my new favorite summer side of the season!!

It was another Epicurious find...Epicurious never lets me down.

I was going to make this for a "salad bar" potluck this past week but I wasn't able to go at the last minute so later in the week I made half a batch for Josh and Knox and me. 

And then we all wished I had made a whole batch. 

We polished off most of it with grilled chicken and vegetable kebabs for dinner and then Josh and I fought over shared the remainder for a late night snack the same evening.

And then I licked the bowl.

I did.

Who knew chickpeas could be so glamorous?!  It's the fresh lemon juice, garlic, basil, parsley and salt...they make them POP. 

I will be making the other half of my batch this week. 

We can't wait.






Chickpea Salad with
Lemon, Parmesan & Fresh Herbs
  • 4, 15-to 15 1/2-ounce can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed, drained
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
  • 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • 4 small garlic cloves, pressed
  • 1 1/3 cup (packed) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
  • Coarse kosher salt
Combine rinsed and drained chickpeas, chopped fresh basil, chopped Italian parsley, fresh lemon juice, extra-virgin olive oil, and pressed garlic clove in medium bowl. Add grated Parmesan cheese and toss gently to blend all ingredients thoroughly. Season chickpea salad to taste with coarse kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. DO AHEAD: Chickpea salad can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Serve salad chilled or at room temperature.



No comments:

Post a Comment