Monday, August 1, 2011

Velvet Covered Brick


Today I want to send a special shout out to my DAD.  

Because it's a big day.  It's his 60th birthday!!! 

Some friends once described my dad as a "velvet covered brick" and I love that description of him.

Because my dad is gentle and loving and patient and kind...but also very firm and very solid in his convictions, his beliefs and his integrity.  

People know they can trust my dad, and if you ask him for his opinion he will give you his honest answer. Even if it's not an easy answer to give.

He is a wise man.

I don't know if there is a harder working and more generous man in the world than my dad.  If someone needs a hand, he's there.  

There definitely there isn't a better auto mechanic anywhere

Nor a better dad.  

My dad has worked very hard all of his life.  But he has never been too busy for his girls. 


And that has meant the world to me.

I will always look up to him, and admire him, and respect him.

Happy 60th Birthday, Dad!

You are loved.

1 comment: