Friday, August 12, 2011

Kimberly's Shells


It's hard to believe Knox's first birthday is behind us.

No more counting the months...now we start counting the years!  It's a little surreal.

Year #1 has been such a joy...an adventure every day.  And we can't wait to see what exciting things happen in Year #2.

Our little party might be over, but we're still singing "Happy Birthday" a couple times a day. 

It's just such a great song.  :) 

We also have a big pile of awesome new toys to remind us of that happy day... 

And this trusty truck balloon, which isn't sagging too badly yet:


Happily, we also still have a little leftover pasta salad!


So you see, the celebrating goes on. :)

My cousin Kim made this salad for us when I was in Vermont this summer.  I never think to make pasta salad, but when she served this tasty salad I couldn't get enough of it.  There's nothing more satisfying than biting into soft shells.  I love it.

I also love this recipe because it gives me a chance to use two ingredients that I hardly ever use otherwise.

Ham...


...and radishes. 


Aren't they pretty? 

(The radishes...not the ham.)  :) 

The radishes are halved and sliced very thin so there isn't a bitter taste, just a delightful color and tiny bit of crunch.

Kimberly's shells were perfect for our 1st birthday hot dog cookout.  We might have to make this a tradition. :)

Kimberly's Shells

1 lb. medium shells (I used large since they were on sale), cooked and drained
3 c. diced ham
1 cucumber, diced
1/2 cup celery (or fresh Italian parsley, which is what I used this time instead)
1/2 cup radishes, halved and thinly sliced
1 cup sour cream
1 cup mayo
4 tsp. dijon mustard
1 + tsp. garlic salt, to taste



No comments:

Post a Comment