Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Few Things I Love About My Mom


She's so pretty.

One of her main gifts is hospitality...her home is beautiful and she makes everyone feel welcome there.

She is very passionate about what she loves.

She can visit with anyone.

She is disciplined and determined.

She trusts God with her daughters' lives...even when it means He takes them to China, and Indonesia.  Texas, Arizona.  Chicago.  That is not easy and it means so much to us.

She understands deeply the importance of family, and roots, and history; that it is significant to who we are today.

She loves to take long walks outdoors.

She makes the best macaroni and cheese in the world.

She grew up on a farm.

There has never been a moment in my life when I didn't know she loves me.

When she's tired she loses it and starts giggling uncontrollably until she nearly chokes to death.

She is organized and always works hard.

She lets me lick my dessert plate.  Waste not want not, mom. :)

She loves Jesus.

She knows how to make special days really special.

She is a little old-fashioned.  In a good way.

She pays attention and knows that Courtney loves her rhubarb pie, Josh loves her strawberry-rhubarb coffeecake, Justin loves her coconut bars, and Leah loves...well...all of the above.   :)

Her initials spell B.E.S.T. They do!

Mom, I'm so blessed to have you for my mom.  I love you!

Happy Mother's Day!



2 comments:

  1. awww....this is so incredibly sweet, Leah! Happy mothers day to YOU! <3

    ReplyDelete