Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Land Flowing with Milk & Maple Syrup


TOMORROW we're going to VERMONT!  

The land flowing with milk and maple syrup!!

And I am completely out of maple syrup, so that means a trip to VT is officially overdue!  :)

Vermont is a dreamworld for outdoorsmen who like to pitch their tents in the pines and sleep under the stars...
 

And for babies who like to sleep inside the house in their tents...


...all night long!




Yes, this is Knox's handy dandy new baby travel bed, which we're hoping against hope will help him (and us) sleep a little better from now on while we're traveling.  ???

Because last time we took a trip we came home looking like this.

We've been practicing sleeping in the tent this week and so far it's gone pretty well...

So I have a glimmer of hope for more sleep this vacation.

Here's to hoping!

Yes, Monkey and Giraffe will also be making the trip with us to Vermont.


I'm always excited to go home to Vermont, but this visit is especially exciting because Knox gets to meet his Aunt Courtney and Uncle Justin for the very first time. 

They left for Indonesia right before he was born so the only interaction they've had with him has been over Skype, which is great, but you know...not the same.

We can't wait to see them...and my parents...and everyone else we love in Vermont!♥

Knox and I fly out tomorrow and Josh will join us there next week for a very special wedding...

My sweet cousin Kimberly and cousin-to-be Thomas!
which is going to be a blast.

Hurray!!!!!

So will I be blogging from Vermont?  

That's a good question.  I don't know.  I guess it depends mostly on how patient I am with the (long amount of) time it takes to upload photos to the internet from the middle of the woods. :)

And I'm afraid I am not usually very patient with that sort of thing...


So we may just have lots to talk about when we get back.


Either way, we'll see y'all later, y'all!!!

:)

1 comment: