Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Spring Cleaning 101


I wish I could be uploading pictures of pretty decorated cookies right now instead of my bookshelves...because that is what I really wanted to be doing this past week.  Decorating cookies.  Or going to the mall. Or taking a long walk with Knox.  Or reading a book.  Or just about anything else besides spring cleaning.

But no, it was time to tackle this huge list of mine, which I wrote back in January, and have been finding excuses to delay ever since.


Do you notice that each and every item on the list now has a check mark next to it?! 

Last week was officially Operation Organize week here in our apartment.  Everything was turned over and inside out and we are now clean as a whistle.

I am not fond of organizing or deep cleaning.  I keep things clean on the outside but if you open a closet or cupboard door you better be ready for the attack of clutter and dust.  My mother tried to teach me better than that, but it just didn't work.

But now, after 5 days of hard work, we are truly clean and organized. 

At least for now.





I have this vague idea that when you write a blog about organizing you're supposed to give everyone your super duper organizing tips.  So here it is.

My strategy for Spring Cleaning/Organizing looks like this:

1.) Write a list.
2.) Try to do the things on the list.

3.) Months later, when that hasn't worked, bribe yourself with a reward (Tiff's Treats warm & fresh cookie delivery, for example).  And then get busy! :)



Worked like a charm.

And let me tell you, a week of Spring Cleaning burns a LOT of calories.  I totally deserved this, people.

Happy Spring!

3 comments:

  1. hahaha - I love that you bribed yourself with a treat! great idea, leah :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! Great job! And BTW, your house always looks super clean to me! I always leave thinking, "Man, I wish I could keep my house as clean as Leah does!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. good job! I was just getting ready to email you to see if you guys might have anything you need to get rid of at a garage sale. Looks like we'll be having one at our place in June. The more the merrier! :) And btw, I always think, when I finally get around to cleaning "I bet Leah doesn't procrastinate in cleaning, her house ALWAYS looks SO CLEAN" :)

    ReplyDelete