Sunday, June 12, 2011

Hawaiian Hamburgers


No summer visit to Vermont would be complete without Hawaiian Hamburgers!

My mom has been making these burgers for us for years.  And now it's a regular summer menu item at my house, too; because they're amazing. 

After eating these, plain old hamburgers are just plain boring.

The honey in this recipe makes the burgers a little sweet, the soy sauce makes them a little salty, and the spices make them...perfection. :)

What makes the burgers Hawaiian, you ask? 

That's a good question.  I think it's the pineapple ring you're supposed to serve on top. 

But we forgot the pineapple this time. 

And since I'm not a big fan of fruit in my main course and never add the pineapple to mine anyway, I wasn't disappointed. 

Just pass me a big bottle of ketchup, please. :)

Justin, Grill Master of the Day

Hawaiian Hamburgers

2 lb. ground beef
1/2 cup honey
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. curry powder
1/8 tsp. ginger
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 cup soy sauce

Mix all ingredients together, then form meat into patties.  Grill; then serve topped with lettuce and sliced pineapple. (Or, if you're me...just ketchup.  And maybe a few slices of avocado!)



Oh and we always eats these burgers with baked sweet potato fries...generously sprinkled with seasoned salt. 

It's tradition. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment