Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Not Your Typical Children's Story

I am very proud of my husband.

This past semester not only has he been working two jobs, taking a full load of classes, and being an awesome husband and dad; he has also been working hard to start up his own side company, with the help of his brother Mark and friend Derek.

We just got the paperwork back from the state of Texas so the company is now official!!

It is called Primedia E-Launch and will offer the service of converting out-of-print or self-published books from hard copy to E-version.

In a world where E-Readers and tablet computers are becoming more and more mainstream, this could be a really exciting opportunity.

Primedia's website is on target to be launched in the next couple of weeks and we're hoping to get some business from writers who have full rights to their books and want to convert them to E-formats.

In the meantime, Josh and Mark have been using their spare time to convert old public domain books into e-books to sell on Amazon and Barnes and Noble for Kindles, Nooks, iPads and Android tablets.

Thus far they have stuck mainly to Theology books but yesterday Primedia converted its very first children's book.

After a special request.

From me. :)



Of all the books I had read to me as a small child, the one that I always remember as my hands-down, all-time favorite, is The Story of Horace.

Grammy (my dad's mom) had the book at her house.  Every time my sister and I visited her we would find it, climb onto her lap, and beg her to read it to us.

Again and again and again.

My cousins all loved it, too.

I still love this book.

It ryhmes, it repeats.  It's everything a good children's book should be.

Umm...except for the fact that it's about a bear who eats an entire family one family member after another.

Yes.

You will never find another children's book quite like this one on a bookstore shelf today.

It is very unique.

Truly, what would possess a person to write a book like that for kids?!

I don't know!

All I know is that WE LOVED IT!!!!!

And it didn't scar us in the least.   

I can still hear Grammy reading...very dramatically...







(That's just the beginning...)

Thanks to Primedia, The Story of Horace is now going to be able to be a shining star in Knox's childhood, as well. 

I am SO THRILLED!

I just hope I can do the voices as well as Grammy did.  :)

If you would also like this one-of-a-kind book to be a part of YOUR E-book collection (you do!) check it out here on Amazon and here on barnesandnoble.com.

Primedia rocks! ♥

3 comments:

  1. that's pretty cool leah! congrats josh ~ what a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! That sounds awesome, and I hope it does well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's really exciting, guys! and that book is downright hilarious. if only I had a cool e-book reader.... :)

    ReplyDelete