Monday, June 20, 2011

Rocket Cookies


I already told you about the shower we had for my sister-in-law Vanessa this past weekend.  

What I didn't tell you is how much FUN I had all last week getting ready for it!!

I wasn't able to share these photos last week, of course.  (That would have ruined the surprise.)  

But this week I can! :)

When I first saw the adorable bedding Mark & Vanessa picked out several months ago for their nursery the first thing I thought was, "Oh my goodness this is SOOOOO CUTE!"


And the second thing I thought was: 

"ROCKET COOKIES!!!!"

So I went to work.


Sweet view from the rocket-making factory :)







Making these cookies was a BLAST. 

(hehe.)


We just hope they encourage Eli to come SOON!

We love you, Eli!

2 comments:

  1. Leah,
    I need the recipes you used for these...cookies and frosting PLEASE! If you're willing to share :)
    Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course! I used Martha's sugar cookie and royal icing recipes. I love royal icing with fresh lemon juice in it!

    http://www.marthastewart.com/260458/ideal-sugar-cookies

    http://www.marthastewart.com/283925/royal-icing

    I thinned the icing out a little more with a tiny bit of water when flooding the cookies.

    ReplyDelete