Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Salsa Josue


Last weekend we had some good friends over for dinner and we played this game of...Puerto Rico...which I still don't really get.  

Josh and I were on a team together and unfortunately we came in last.  


The six of us were all matched up to be in the same spiritual formations group at the beginning of Josh's first semester here in seminary and we're so thankful for that.  We've been close friends ever since.  

Yeah, we love these people.  Even though they like to kill us at games like this. :)

I tried out some new Tex-Mex recipes on them when they came over this time and they approved them; they said they were definitely blog-worthy.  

So this week I'll share them with you, too!

This first one isn't a new recipe, though, and I didn't make it.  Josh is the salsa expert in our house and he makes the best home made salsa ever.  

Step aside, Ortega and Pace.  

Let me introduce you to Salsa Josue.

(Is that how you say "Joshua" in Spanish???  I never took Spanish.) 


Salsa Josue

4 tomatoes, sliced
1/4 sweet onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic
juice from 1 lime
cilantro
1 tsp. cumin
Serrano pepper...just a little bit
pinch of sugar
salt, to taste

Combine everything in blender and blend just till combined.   


DIG IN!





1 comment:

  1. I could use some chips and Salsa Josue right about now!

    ReplyDelete