Saturday, April 30, 2011

Two-Bean and Corn Salad


I've always been a little stuck about what to serve with Mexican dishes like the enchiladas I posted earlier this week.  Rice?  Re-fried beans?  Eh, okay but neither of those options get me really excited.

Then I found this recipe (also on Epicurious).  

YES!  

I'll never have to wonder what to serve with Mexican dishes again.  

It was so flavorful, and so easy.  It made a perfect side with Mexican food and I'm envisioning it at a lot of hamburger and hot dog cookouts this summer as well.  

Two-Bean and Corn Salad
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 15 1/2-ounce can Great Northern beans, rinsed, drained
  • 1 15 1/2-ounce can black beans, rinsed, drained
  • 3 celery stalks, chopped (I left these out)
  • 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
  • 1 medium-size red bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 cup chopped red onion
  • 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • 2 small jalapeño chilies, seeded, chopped
Whisk oil, vinegar, and cumin in large bowl to blend. Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat. Season salad with salt and pepper. Let stand at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours, tossing occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment