Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sweatin' to the Oldies

INSANITY!

That's my other New Year's Resolution.

Not to go insane, but to complete the Insanity Workout 60-day challenge!

Knox is five months old and I have 12 lbs to lose to get to my pre-baby (and pre-Christmas cookie) weight. The baby belly was cute when I was 5 months pregnant but not so much at 5 months post pregnant.

The New Year has rolled around so it's probably time to get serious about this.

I actually like exercising. My regular routine is to jog three times a week and do Tae Bo two times a week. But that's been my routine since...let's see...college. Not that I have a tendency to get stuck in ruts or anything!

But I figured I needed to change things up to knock off these pounds. We'll see if Insanity can do it! I'll let you know how it goes. :)

I'm on Week #2 and it is HARD. Yes. These videos are by far the hardest workouts I've ever done. Let's just say I usually go through an entire 32 oz. Nalgene bottle of water by the end of the warm-up and stretch! And the workouts get harder after the first month. I don't even want to think about that right now.

I can't cut back too much on calories since I'm nursing, but I AM going to try to avoid as much refined sugar as possible during these 60 days. That's the plan. No refined sugar except 1 (2 at tops) sugary treat per week. As you all know, this will probably prove to be a much bigger challenge for me than completing those crazy workouts! :)

But that pan of Ghiradelli double chocolate brownies that was on my kitchen counter all last weekend? Yeah, I only ate ONE. It was
a pretty big one - because if you can only eat one sweet a week you really have to make it count! - but I only had one.

What does Knox think of all this? He's been busy polishing his own workout routine.

He starts the day with a nice stretch:




Warms up with push-ups:




Jumps right into some fat-blasting cardio:




And finishes it up with a circuit of plyometrics!





Just for the record, Vermont maple syrup is not refined sugar.

3 comments:

  1. Very cute! I have way more than 12 lbs of baby fat. And my baby is way older than yours :/. I wish I had the discipline to either diet OR exercise! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. if Vermont maple syrup doesn't count than why do brownies?! I say neither count if you're sweating it up.....but who am I to thwart your ambitious plans. Here's to losing post baby + Christmas cookie weight in 2011--I've got more than 12 lbs, friend ;)

    ReplyDelete